Monday 11 May 2009

Blog 1

Blimey that was easy...inspired by suited director of the company I work with for FREE I attempt blog 1!!! Lol.What to say? maybe I should have thought this through and waited to have something interesting or important to say...but then again if I waited for that Cyber Space would have filled up and taken over in true Terminator form!
All those words and pics growing legs and infiltrating net users brains...some improvements there that's for sure- but random stuff would be gone.
A friend recently told me I was the most random person she knew.....what does that mean?
True she is younger than some of my jewelery but random...is that original? nuts? twitchy? odd?
I think she thinks I am funny but not always in a funny way...sometimes in a 'I don't understand you' way. Who can help how they are? We are supposed to be made in Gods image..some of us have hairy legs and chins (only one applies to me and it will be evident at Christmas) and some of us are .....RANDOM!

The last few weeks have been pretty RANDOM here at Surf central (only one person or maybe three will know why here is called that) I recently got back from Borneo after visiting my son and his wife and the orangutans. As they haven't gone forth and multiplied to produce one of their own I had to make do with a trip to the Rain Forest to see some of the rescued babies.
CUTE and cuddly(you're not allowed) I can see why they are illegally taken as pets. After a trip to a reserve (zoo like place) I can see why they shouldn't be ! Marsha was a sulky teenager who swung around till everyone clapped a clever parrot that one of the keepers was interacting with. She remained in the background high on a rope that stretched into a forest area. She refused to come closer and get a treat etc but changed her mind and grabbed the parrot by a wing and swung in at the floor. blue feathers scattered and keepers yelled, kids screamed,my son said 'mum get nearer so I can get a photo of you and Marsha'......he loves me really...I think!
She then proceeded to stay high enough so that no one could get to her improvising and tying three vertical ropes together to make a very high swing on which she sat- enjoying the view of keepers running around in vain!
Later we saw Marsha sat next to her keeper on the back of a golf buggy, nonchalantly being driven back to her apartment. She looked every inch the DIVA and obviously gets away with murder cause they love her...poor parrot will never be the same.
More on Borneo another time....

5 Days later I was in Blackpool home of sun and sea and surfer dudes..
Well any other beachside town would be but not Blackpool. I don't know why. Maybe it doesn't have SURF or DUDES. Ionloy saw the sea once and that was 2 years ago from the top of the big wheel thingy. That is the only bit of Blackpool I've seen because I actually fall into the category of 'hungry for debate' consequently I have seen bugger all of the place! Oh and once I went into one of those arcades where the two FEMALE delegates dragging me insisted on playing automated BINGO. This was a sad night for me as it was there that I found out that 1. It was exactly what I always imagined but without sequined blondes with curlers in. 2.I couldn't syncronise listening to numbers and pressing the same number on my screen. Sad days...The humiliation of someone else who has a zillion cards on their screen helping me to see where number 9 was on my one card will be etched in my memory forever...
It's not all cooked breakfasts..bingo...and ...letting someone cough into the back of your neck for 3 hours in Conference or constantly fart in the seat in front of you when you change chairs for the afternoon session (I know it was you Mrs Pepper Pot!!) Some of us are there to stop others from BANNING BONFIRES!!!!!! WHY? ..and again WHY? Why would anyone want me to stop having the odd Beach bonfire party drinking with mates, guitars, skinny dipping, toasting marshmallows- letting them run like molten lava down your lip and feeling that satisfying sting as the skin disolves........ok that was from a US Teen soap (apart from the marshmallows) I just have the odd burn of hedge clippings down the bottom of my garden, on a dark summer or autumn night! A mug of coffee, the smoke,the stars, the cold, it's LOVELY!!

Anyway that is what I did at Conference and I am proud of it..even if I didn't get up to the microphone incase they thought I was random or nuts for only saying 'But I like them!'
I led the cheers when it was lost.....




No comments:

Post a Comment